Fans of Chicago Fire
and Chicago P.D.
are in for one explosive crossover event which kicks off tonight on NBC.
In the special two-part crossover event, airing Tuesday and Wednesday at 10/9c, will focus on a hospital explosion, as a local terrorist threatens the men and women of Chicago’s police and fire departments. Thanks to an exclusive preview from TV Guide
, we now have more details on the special crossover event.
Here are seven things to look for in the two part crossover event:
1. The return of familiar faces: Expect to see the return of Dr. Arata (Dylan Baker) who will be one of the first to aide a, possibly fatallly, injured victim. Tonight’s crossover will also welcome back Christine Evangelista as Shay’s only EMT partner, Rafferty.
2. A new leader will emerge: Herrmann (David Eigenberg) will be the one calling the shots, alongside Chief Boden (Eamonn Walker), as Firehouse 51 arrives at the scene of the explosion.
3. The welcome of new characters: Amanda Righetti (The Mentalist) is set to appear as Holly a “pediatrician who just moved to the Windy City from New York.”
4. A Chicago P.D. breakout: Look for Marina Squerciati’s character Kim Burgess to deliver a “breakout performance” in the first part of the event.
5. One of Firehouse 51’s own gets stuck in the rubble: One of Firehouse 51’s own will go missing and “is believed to be buried underneath the rubble.”
6. A looming threat: While the majority of Firehouse 51 will be handing the aftermath of the explosion, three of the members of 51 will “go on the offensive and try to hunt down a possible second bomb.”
7. A HUGE cliff-hanger: While the first part of the crossover event will answer many of the fans questions, there will be a few major cliff-hangers left to be answered in the second part of the crossover event. Among the cliff-hangers is the “health of one of Firehouse 51’s own.”
The two-night crossover event kicks off on Chicago Fire tonight at 10/9c and will conclude Wednesday on Chicago P.D. at 10/9c on NBC