Will this year’s Emmys see Jonathan Banks’ finally snag a win? Or will first time nominee Alexander Skarsgard go home with the gold? Here are the complete nominees for Outstanding Support Actor in a Drama, Comedy, and Limited Series.
More from Hidden Remote
- Sticks and Stones exclusive clip: Thomas learns the rumors are true
- Bering Sea Gold exclusive clip: Emily takes action against claim jumping
- Crackle’s The Clearing: Liam McIntyre chats zombies, stunts, and more
- New Netflix movies and shows this weekend: June 5-7
- Now streaming: The Last Days of American Crime on Netflix
Before we move from one TV season to the next we have to properly celebrate the TV shows that shocked and moved us throughout the year. That’s where the The Emmy Awards come in! Helping us close out one successful year of episodic adventures while simultaneously shifting focus to another.
The Emmy Award nominations were announced Thursday morning, kicking off the hype for that big show in September as well as reminding us of all the shows we loved and lost! It’s the Super Bowl for television lovers (and awards show junkies) and sometimes the Super Bowl is even nominated! Throughout the year various shows are lauded for their storylines and performances. Heavy contenders in many categories start to emerge and then the talk is about who was snubbed and who pulled off a surprise nomination. The Best Supporting Actor races are full of some of the best in the biz including past faves. In the drama category Better Call Saul‘s Jonathan Banks is a veteran nominee but never a winner. In the comedy category Alec Baldwin clinched a nom for his unpresidented (see what I did there?) stint on Saturday Night Live. And in the limited series Alexander Skarsgard was rewarded for his incredible performance in Big Little Lies. Were your favorite TV actors recognized in their respective supporting roles? Check out the full list of nominees for Outstanding Supporting Actor in all three categories!
Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
- John Lithgow – The Crown
- Jonathan Banks – Better Call Saul
- Mandy Patinkin – Homeland
- Michael Kelly – House of Cards
- David Harbour – Stranger Things
- Ron Cephas Jones – This Is Us
- Jeffrey Wright – Westworld
Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series
- Alex Baldwin – Saturday Night Live
- Louie Ander son – Baskets
- Ty Burrell – Modern Family
- Tituss Burgess – Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
- Tony Hale – Veep
- Matt Walsh – Veep
Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Movie
- Bill Camp – The Night Of
- Alfred Molina – Feud: Bette and Joan
- Alexander Skarsgard – Big Little Lies
- David Thewlis – Fargo
- Stanley Tucci – Feud: Bette and Joan
- Michael K. Williams – The Night Of
Which actors are you rooting for to take home the big win? Who are you shocked to not see nominated? Sound off in the comments!
The 69th Annual Emmy Awards air Sunday, September 17 at 8/7c on CBS.