This year’s Emmys are full of talented supporting ladies! Which ‘Saturday Night Live’ comedienne might come out on top? Here are the complete nominees for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama, Comedy, and Limited Series.
More from Hidden Remote
- Sticks and Stones exclusive clip: Thomas learns the rumors are true
- Bering Sea Gold exclusive clip: Emily takes action against claim jumping
- Crackle’s The Clearing: Liam McIntyre chats zombies, stunts, and more
- New Netflix movies and shows this weekend: June 5-7
- Now streaming: The Last Days of American Crime on Netflix
Before we move from one TV season to the next we have to properly celebrate the TV shows that shocked and moved us throughout the year. That’s where the The Emmy Awards come in! Helping us close out one successful year of episodic adventures while simultaneously shifting focus to another.
The Emmy Award nominations were announced Thursday, July 13, kicking off the hype for that big show in September as well as reminding us of all the shows we loved and lost! It’s the Super Bowl for television lovers (and awards show junkies) and sometimes the Super Bowl is even nominated! Throughout the year various shows are lauded for their storylines and performances. Heavy contenders in many categories start to emerge and then the talk is about who was snubbed and who pulled off a surprise nomination. The Best Supporting Actress races are full of some of the best in the biz. Samira Wiley and Ann Dowd split the vote for The Handmaid’s Tale while Millie Bobby Brown could be set to steal the award like Eleven did all those waffles in Stranger Things. In the comedy category the ladies of Saturday Night Live reign, including returning winner Kate McKinnon. And in the limited series category Regina King was rewarded for her incredible performance in American Crime. Were your favorite TV actors recognized in their respective supporting roles? Check out the full list of nominees for Outstanding Supporting Actress in all three categories!
Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
- Ann Dowd – The Handmaid’s Tale
- Samira Wiley – The Handmaid’s Tale
- Uzo Aduba – Orange Is the New Black
- Millie Bobby Brown – Stranger Things
- Chrissy Metz – This Is Us
- Thandie Newton – Westworld
Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
- Kate McKinnon – Saturday Night Live
- Vanessa Bayer – Saturday Night Live
- Leslie Jones – Saturday Night Live
- Anna Chlumsky – Veep
- Judith Light – Transparent
- Kathryn Hahn – Transparent
Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or Movie
- Judy Davis – Feud: Bette and Joan
- Laura Dern – Big Little Lies
- Jackie Hoffman – Feud: Bette and Joan
- Regina King – American Crime
- Michelle Pfeiffer – The Wizard of Lies
- Shailene Woodley – Big Little Lies
Which actresses are you rooting for to take home the big win? Who are you shocked to not see nominated? Sound off in the comments!
The 69th Annual Emmy Awards air Sunday, September 17 at 8/7c on CBS.