Robert Downey Jr.: 10 Greatest movies of all time

Marvel Studios’ AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR..Tony Stark/Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) w/ Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch), Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo) and Wong (Benedict Wong) in the background L to R. ..Photo: Film Frame..©Marvel Studios 2018
Marvel Studios’ AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR..Tony Stark/Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) w/ Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch), Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo) and Wong (Benedict Wong) in the background L to R. ..Photo: Film Frame..©Marvel Studios 2018 /
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
2 of 11
Next

#10 Marvel’s The Avengers

Original Release Date: The movie premiered May 4, 2012.

Box Office Earnings: With a budget of $220 million, which is small compared to the latest AvengersMarvel’s The Avengers went on to collect a whopping $1.5 billion at the box office. From this grand total, $623.3 million came from domestic theaters, while the rest, $895.4 million are international tickets.

Critical Acclaim: Superhero movies and those in the genre are overlooked when it comes to award show season. However, there’s no denying this movie was a hit with both critics and fans. At Rotten Tomatoes, Avengers has a score of 92% Fresh, and 91% from Marvel fans. The other 9%? Probably not MCU viewers. The movie also did garner numerous awards and nominations such as Best Visual Effects, Best Special Effects, various Critics’ Choice Movie Awards, People’s Choice Awards, and more.

About the Role: Robert Downey Jr. tapped into his inner Tony Stark to lead the Avengers into victory. This movie is features the first time we see the Marvel heroes team up, something fans only dreamed about before.

Simply the Best: Marvel’s The Avengers is iconic! Its previous movies in the series set the standard for superhero movies, but Avengers really was a game changer. It holds the record for biggest opening weekend for any film, domestically, at $207.4 million, as well as opening week for any film, second weekend for any film, days to reach $100 million, and many more, all domestically.