We know her best as Serena Van der Woodsen from Gossip Girl, but Blake Lively has been steadily on the rise over the years in several films.
We may know her best as the Upper East Side queen from six seasons of Gossip Girl on The CW, but Lively has come a long way since her days of eating lunch on the steps of the Met and fighting with Queen B.
While she may have started out on television, it didn’t take long for Lively to make her leap to the big screen. From Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants to last year’s A Simple Favor, Lively has shown she has the acting chops and the discretion to choose some truly interesting projects.
More from Movies
- The story of a French emperor: Here’s where Napoleon will stream after theaters
- The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes honors its origins and far surpasses them
- Thanksgiving movie death toll: Why [SPOILER] is still alive
- No, Thanksgiving is not streaming yet (But here’s where it’ll land)
- Trolls Band Together soundtrack guide: Which songs play in the movie?
Even if not every endeavor has panned out well with critics, you can’t easily pigeonhole the actress into one role. She’s done everything from battle sharks to travel in time.
Somehow she manages to juggle her acting career with being a mom to three kids along with fellow actor husband, Ryan Reynolds. Blake Lively is also known for her stunning fashion choices and is a frequent stunner at the Met Gala. If only Gossip Girl could see S now.
Next up for Lively is the upcoming action-thriller film, The Rhythm Section. She’ll star alongside Jude Law and Sterling K. Brown. The film is set for a February 2020 release.
Until then, we’ll have to keep ourselves occupied with some of her other fantastic performances.