Who is the best (and worst) dad in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?
It’s safe to say that the Marvel Cinematic Universe has a lot of daddy issues. From Thor’s strict father, Peter Quill aka Star-Lord’s evil dad, and more in between, our heroes can’t catch a break! Why are Marvel dads so terrible?
Some of our heroes are dads themselves, but they, fortunately, did not pick up their father’s rotten behavior or attitude.
When you think of the best dad (or father figure) in the MCU, who comes to mind? Years ago, Tony Stark may not have been it, but he sure deserves that crown now. Will he take it, though? Only one way to find out, and that’s to read on.
Watch your favorite shows on fuboTV: Watch over 67 live sports and entertainment channels with a 7-day FREE trial!
On the other hand, when you think of the worst dad in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, I think we can all agree Thanos takes the cake here. Still, read on for some characters that give Thanos a bit of competition.
Here are the best and worst dads in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
The worst Marvel dads
5. Howard Stark: Okay, let’s be fair. Howard did sort of redeem himself with his son Tony Stark in Avengers: Endgame, but he was very cold towards Tony.
4. Odin Borson: Odin should have been honest with Loki from the beginning, or at least never made it obvious that he has a favorite. And even though Thor learned his lesson, let’s just say his punishments are very harsh.
3. Ego: He killed Peter’s mother and wanted to kill him, as well, enough said!
2. Harold Meachum: Harold’s pride and joy is his daughter, Joy. He treasures Joy all while using Ward as a tool, verbally and emotionally. Even physically, at one point.
1. Thanos: Number one is, of course, Thanos! He mistreated all of his adopted children, but Nebula, in particular. And he killed Gamora. Let’s not waste any more time or thoughts on him.
The best Marvel dads
5. Scott Lang aka Ant-Man: Okay, not stellar, but he does deserve an honorable mention.
4. Uncle Ben: All Uncle Ben’s in the MCU have done a good job raising Peter Parker.
3. Frank Castle aka The Punisher: He loved his family so much.
2. Hawkeye aka Clint Barton: Much like Frank Castle, Barton became revengeful when he lost his family. And hey, anyone who can keep his family a secret, even from the Avengers, to keep them safe, is an amazing father.
1. Tony Stark aka Iron Man: Do we even need to explain why Tony Stark is the ultimate best dad in the MCU? I didn’t think so. And who would have thought! When we did this roundup last, Tony was only an honorable mention.
Do you agree with our ranking? Who you do you believe is the best (and worst) dad in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?