Actor Cillian Murphy has worked with director Christopher Nolan on multiple films including The Dark Knight Trilogy, Inception, and Dunkirk. Now the two are reuniting for another project, Oppenheimer!
The biographical film focuses on the titular character who is known as the “father of the atomic bomb.” He was the leader of the Manhattan Project during World War II, which developed the first nuclear weapons. These were later used in the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
The movie will make its debut on the big screens on Friday, July 21, 2023. It was shot in a combination of IMAX 65mm and 65mm large-format film photography, as well as parts of the film were shot in IMAX black and white analogue photography for the very first time.
So who else appears in the production alongside Murphy? We’ve got the answer for you below!
Who stars in Christopher Nolan movie Oppenheimer?
The Irish actor is joined by co-stars Emily Blunt, Matt Damon, Robert Downey Jr., Florence Pugh, and Rami Malek. Universal Pictures shared the full cast list, which you can find below:
- Cillian Murphy as J. Robert Oppenheimer
- Emily Blunt as Katherine “Kitty” Oppenheimer, Oppenheimer’s wife who is a biologist and botanist
- Matt Damon as General Leslie Groves Jr., director of the Manhattan Project
- Robert Downey Jr. as Lewis Strauss, a founding commissioner of the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission
- Florence Pugh as psychiatrist Jean Tatlock
- Benny Safdie as theoretical physicist Edward Teller
- Josh Hartnett as pioneering American nuclear scientist Ernest Lawrence
- Michael Angarano as Robert Serber
- Rami Malek
- Kenneth Branagh
- Dane DeHaan
- Dylan Arnold
- David Krumholtz
- Alden Ehrenreich
- Matthew Modine
Along with directing duties, Nolan also wrote and produced the Universal Pictures epic thriller. Emma Thomas and Charles Roven also served as producers.
Oppenheimer will make its theatrical debut July 21, 2023.