Before Arrow: The Complete Sixth Season drops on Blu-ray and DVD, join us as we take a hard look at the 4-disc collection and whether it’s worth buying!
With October inching closer, Arrow will soon return for its seventh season. However, before Oliver Queen and company make their way back to our screens for another action-packed season fans can look forward to delving into their most recent adventures when Season 6 drops on Blu-ray and DVD!
“Just in time for the season seven premiere on The CW, fans can catch up on all 23 gripping episodes from the sixth season,” said Rosemary Markson, WBHE Senior Vice President, Television Marketing. “Arrow retains a solid fan base who can continue to build their collections with this latest season and enjoy the new behind-the-scenes extras included in the set.”
Thanks to our friends at Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, we were lucky enough to receive an advance copy of the release in order to bring you an in-depth look at what to expect from the 4-disc set before exploring whether you should be adding it to you collection!
About the Release – What to Expect
About the Season
“Following the devastating explosion on Lian Yu, Oliver Queen returns home to confront a challenge unlike any he’s ever faced: fatherhood. Oliver is determined to embrace this new role while continuing to serve and protect Star City as both Mayor and The Green Arrow. But enemies past and present, including Black Siren, Vigilante, Ricardo Diaz, Cayden James and others, threaten him on all fronts,” Warner Bros. teases of its latest release.
“And bonds within the ranks of Team Arrow—veteran John Diggle; tech genius Felicity Smoak; former police captain Quentin Lance and brilliant inventor Curtis Holt, plus newest team members Rene Ramirez/Wild Dog and metahuman Dinah Drake —have become dangerously decayed. The future of Star City is at stake in all 23 of Season Six’s ferociously fast-paced, can’t-miss episodes.”
Disc by Disc Line-Up
- Episode 1, “Fallout”
- Episode 2, “Tribute”
- Episode 3, “Next of Kin”
- Episode 4, “Reversal”
- Episode 5, “Deathstroke Returns”
- Episode 6, “Promises Kept”
- Episode 7, “Thanksgiving”
- The Split of a Man: Deathstroke Bonus Feature
- Given that Season 6 welcomed the highly anticipated return of Manu Bennett as Slade Wilson aka Deathstroke, it’s only fitting that the Season 6 Blu-ray collection serves up a special feature dedicated to Oliver’s frenemy! One can never get enough Slade Wilson (or Manu Bennett for that matter) and this bonus feature is sure to delight fans looking for more of Slade’s redemption arc!
- Episode 8, “Crisis on Earth-X, Part 2”
- “Crisis on Earth-X, Part 1” i.e. Supergirl‘s crossover hour
- “Crisis on Earth-X, Part 3” i.e. The Flash‘s crossover hour
- “Crisis on Earth-X, Part 4” i.e. Legend of Tomorrow‘s crossover hour
- Episode 9, “Irreconcilable Differences”
- Episode 10, “Divided”
- Inside the Crossover: Crisis on Earth-X Bonus Feature
- Always one of the most-talked about events of the season, the Crisis on Earth-X proved to be one of the Arrowverse’s strongest yet – although we were in no way prepared for the crossover’s many shocking twists! So it’s only fitting that the Arrow Season 6 Blu-ray collection bring together the creative teams from all four Arrowverse series to shine a light on immense amount of work which went into creating the crossover event.
- Episode 11, “We Fall”
- Episode 12, “All for Nothing”
- Episode 13, “The Devil’s Greatest Trick”
- Episode 14, “Collision Course”
- Episode 15, “Doppelgänger”
- Episode 16, “The Thanatos Guild”
- Episode 17, “Brothers in Arms”
- Revenge in Ones and Zeroes: The Story of Cayden James Bonus Feature
- Although I’ll admit that Cayden James fell flat as a villain for me personally, he served a solid purpose in the season and it only makes sense for the character to take center stage in a character-driven bonus feature.
- Episode 18, “Fundamentals”
- Episode 19, “The Dragon”
- Episode 20, “Shifting Allegiances”
- Episode 21, “Docket No. 11-19-41-73”
- Episode 22, “The Ties That Bind“
- Episode 23, “Life Sentence”
- The Best of DC TV’s Comic-Con Panels Bonus Feature
- What’s better than the chance to relieve Arrow‘s 2017 San Diego Comic-Con panel? The chance to re-watch the best moments from all of the DC TV panels, of course! Fans are sure to love getting the chance to watch this best-of highlight feature blending together the top moments from each DC TV panel.
Final Thoughts – Should You Buy It?
While many seasons of Arrow have been polarizing, leaving fans divided, there is absolutely nothing polarizing about Arrow: The Complete Sixth Season‘s Blu-ray collection!
Through this collection, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has managed to deliver fans a spectacular 4-disc set which beautifully celebrates the sixth season of Arrow and the entire Arrowverse. This is of course achieved by the inclusion of all four hours of this year’s crossover, a special feature dedicated to offering a behind the scenes look at the Crisis on Earth-X event and a montage of DC TV’s 2017 San Diego Comic-Con panels.
The decision to celebrate the Arrowverse as a whole is one which is sure to be appreciated by fans and undoubtedly makes the collection that much more alluring. Meanwhile, the special features built around celebrating Slade Wilson and Cayden James serve as a fun addition; the cherry on top if you well.
If you can’t get enough Arrow and consider yourself a fan of all Arrowverse titles, this collection is one you won’t want to miss!
Make sure to pick up your copy of Arrow: The Complete Sixth Season beginning Tuesday, August 14 where Blu-rays and DVDs are sold!