4. How long will Severide remain with arson?
Okay, so the first question is a little moot. We know that Severide is going to make it through, right? So, the big question really is how long Severide will remain with the arson investigation office.
More from NBC
- It’s Thanksgiving Eve! Tune into the SNL Thanksgiving special to get into the spirit of the holiday
- Final season, release date set for La Brea season 3: Everything we know so far
- Law and Order: Organized Crime season 4 release date revealed!: Everything we know about the new season
- QUIZ: Finish these Friends quotes from “The One With All the Thanksgivings”
- Is Quantum Leap on tonight? (November 22, 2023)
Severide is spending more time opening old cases than he is getting through the backlog of current cases. This isn’t a ploy to get him back at Firehouse 51. He’s a man who likes justice and wants to make sure the right person is blamed.
Chicago Fire is bound to see Severide continue to be part of the arson investigation storyline for now. However, I reckon he’ll end up creating more of a backlog that it will lead to him being sent back. And at that point, will he want to stay with the arson investigations to see a couple through?
3. Will Dawson return pregnant?
There’s always one tropish storyline you can rely on in a TV show like Chicago Fire. After their night together, there’s likely to be a baby, right? What are the high chances that Dawson will turn up at Firehouse 51 a little later in the season with news that she’s pregnant?
This will cause a lot of questions for Casey’s future at Firehouse 51. After all, we know that Dawson won’t leave Puerto Rico, right? She is clearly far too happy doing the job she is. So, a baby would likely mean Casey would be the one leaving.
In a way, I hope that the writers prove me wrong on this and that they won’t follow the one-night-back-together trope.