New Paramount+ series Fatal Attraction is headed our way! Starring actress Lizzy Caplan, the new show is a reimagining of the classic 1980s psychosexual thriller of the same name.
The 1987 film starred Michael Douglas, Glenn Close, and Anne Archer. It was released by Paramount Pictures and centered around a married man who has a weekend affair with a woman. She refuses to allow the relationship to end and becomes obsessed with him, per the synopsis.
The upcoming series is a Paramount Television Studios and Amblin Television production. It’s run, written, and executive produced by Alexandra Cunningham. She shares co-story credit with Kevin J. Hynes, who also serves as an executive producer. Darryl Frank, Justin Falvey, and Silver Tree executive produce on the project.
Here’s everything we know about Fatal Attraction ahead of its release!
Fatal Attraction release date
The series is set to debut Sunday, April 30, 2023 on Paramount+ with the first three episodes. Going forward, one new installment will be released weekly. The final two episodes will be released on for Sunday, May 28, 2023. There are eight episodes total.
Fatal Attraction synopsis
Paramount+ has provided the official synopsis of the series:
"The show will explore fatal attraction and the timeless themes of marriage and infidelity through the lens of modern attitudes toward strong women, personality disorders, and coercive control.In the present day, after serving 15 years in prison for the murder of Alexandra Forrest (Lizzy Caplan), Daniel Gallagher (Joshua Jackson) is paroled with the goals of reconnecting with his family and proving his innocence. In 2008, Dan first meets Alex and his world begins to unravel after their brief affair threatens to destroy the life he’s built with his wife, Beth (Amanda Peet)."
Fatal Attraction trailers
Fatal Attraction cast
Below we’ve shared the cast members and character descriptions, per Paramount+:
- Lizzy Caplan as Alex Forrest, a woman who becomes obsessed with her lover, Dan, after a brief affair.
- Joshua Jackson as Dan Gallagher, a deputy DA and the object of Alex’s obsession.
- Amanda Peet as Beth Gallagher, a loyal wife, loving mother, and successful small business owner whose world unravels when her husband Dan’s indiscretion threatens to destroy their life together.
- Alyssa Jirrels as Ellen Gallagher, Dan and Beth’s daughter.
- Toby Huss as Mike Gerard, the DA’s chief of investigations whose friendship and loyalty to Dan goes back many years.
- Brian Goodman as Arthur Tomlinson, Beth Gallagher’s warm and kind best friend and business partner.
- Reno Wilson as Detective Earl Booker, a long-standing member of the Los Angeles Police Department with a large personality and an inability to self-edit.
Fatal Attraction images
What do you think about the new series? Will you be checking it out? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!