The highly anticipated 2023 slasher film, Thanksgiving, helmed by director Eli Roth, brings to life his infamous mock trailer from the 2007 movie Grindhouse. Starring a cast including Addison Rae, Patrick Dempsey, Milo Manheim, Jalen Thomas Brooks, Nell Verlaque, Rick Hoffman, and Gina Gershon, this movie ventures into the realms of horror, amplifying the macabre and gruesome elements that define the genre.
This plot of Thanksgiving delves into the sinister tale of a mysterious serial killer, only known as John Carver, who descends upon Plymouth, Massachusetts. His ghastly intent? Transforming the town’s residents into a chilling Thanksgiving carving board, orchestrating a blood-soaked feast that’s far from the traditional holiday spirit. Premiering in theaters on November 17, 2023, the film promises an unrelenting immersion into terror and suspense! The official synopsis for the movie, as per IMDb, reads:
“After a Black Friday riot ends in tragedy, a mysterious Thanksgiving-inspired killer terrorizes Plymouth, Massachusetts – the birthplace of the infamous holiday.”
While the allure of horror may captivate some audiences, the movie’s graphic and unsettling scenes firmly position it as unsuitable for younger viewers. The visceral nature of the plot, rife with graphic depictions and intense sequences, renders it unfit for children, necessitating an age-appropriate audience.
Thanksgiving’s official age rating
Thanksgiving carries an official R rating, clearly indicating its unsuitability for younger audiences. The movie unfolds with a series of intense and explicit scenes that unequivocally establish its mature content. Here are the five primary reasons why Thanksgiving is not for kids:
- Blood, horror, violence, and gore: This film is unapologetically graphic, showcasing explicit slasher and horror scenes that involve dismemberment, stabbing, shooting, and other shockingly visceral violence. The level of gore and brutality is not for the faint-hearted.
- Pervasive language: Strong language permeates the dialogue, making it unsuitable for young viewers who may find it inappropriate or offensive.
- Disturbing themes: Thanksgiving delves into deeply disturbing thematic elements, depicting individuals being gruesomely dismembered, baked, and burned. The film showcases ghastly images of mutilated corpses and body parts, offering a relentless and unsettling portrayal of horror.
- Sexual elements: Alongside its graphic violence, the movie contains explicit sexual content that is wholly inappropriate for young audiences, further solidifying its unsuitability for children.
- Frightening and intense scenes: Thanksgiving delivers frightening and intensely suspenseful moments that might overwhelm and deeply disturb younger viewers. The relentless tension and fear-inducing sequences make it unsuitable for a younger audience unaccustomed to such intense content.
Given the explicit and distressing nature of these elements, we would highly advise keeping Thanksgiving reserved for mature audiences. If you aim to avoid potential distress or trauma for younger viewers, it’s best to watch this film alone or with a mature company that can handle its intense and graphic nature.
If you don’t believe us, then why not check out the official chilling trailer for Thanksgiving below?
Thanksgiving is now in theaters, book your tickets, and don’t miss out on the action!