KIEFER SUTHERLAND via ABC Press Site
Curious what Designated Survivor has in store in the season 2 premiere? Well we have to warn you, all the answers we might have just raise more questions.
The hunt is on for Patrick Lloyd (Terry Serpico) but the search for the man who blew up the Capitol is the least of President Kirkman’s (Kiefer Sutherland) problems. What else can you expect in episode 1, “One Year In”?
In the slightly subdued Designated Survivor season 2 premiere we’ll meet some new characters. That casting shake-up we heard about over the summer isn’t addressed…for now. The two newbies have their work cut out for them both inside and outside the White House. But are we sure we can trust them?
It goes without saying that “One Year In” picks up a year into Tom Kirkman’s presidency. The country has moved forward, recovering from the tragedy at the Capitol and we pick up when the literal rebuilding is complete. All your faves are hard at work. Chuck (Jake Epstein) is still fighting the good fight from behind his computer. Emily (Italia Ricci) is rocking her role as Chief of Staff and Aaron (Adan Canto) is in the Oval’s inner circle where he belongs. However, Seth (Kal Penn) is going through a bit of a phase (and rocking the beard to prove it).
Check out the trailer for episode one, “One Year In” below:
- The Ukrainian nationalists who hijack a Russian Air flight isn’t what it seems.
- Someone considers leaving the administration.
- Agent Hannah Wells’ (Maggie Q) has a sexy new partner. It seems like it’s all strictly business but how long before these find themselves very naked with each other? We’ll just have to wait and see how that relationship develops. For now, their investigation is the only thing heating up and they’re definitely onto something.
- Someone Tom cares about dies.
Lines to look out for. Can you guess who delivers them?
- “Do you really think this glorified office building is worth 7 billion dollars?”/”No it’s worth much more”/”Damn right!”
- “Mr. President, we have a situation!”
- “Your skin is luminous”
- “He tried to trade me an egg salad sandwich for my pen.”
- “I’m not asking you to stand down. I’m asking you to stand up.”
Designated Survivor premieres Wednesday September 27th at 10/9 on ABC. Be sure to tune in!