While 2019-2020 hasn’t seen as many new TV shows as the previous year, there are many that we hope to see renewed. Which ones are canceled TV shows?
We’re back with another canceled TV shows scorecard. This time, it’s all about the new shows that premiered in 2019-2020. While some have already had decisions made about their futures, others are still on the fence about whether they’l land a second season or not.
This year didn’t see as many new TV shows as in previous years. The CW cut back to just four new shows, focusing on the goodbyes of the likes of Supernatural and Arrow. ABC, which brought in far too many new shows last year, has opted for nine this year, while FOX leads the way with 12 new TV shows throughout the year.
Not all are going to make it to a second season. We already know of two that have been canceled—one officially and one unofficially so far. There are others that have landed full-season orders, but they’ve still not impressed enough to grant early renewals. And then there are those that scored renewals within the first few episodes.
Like with all other canceled TV shows scorecards, we’ll use the following key:
- Too Soon to Tell: A series is either in the early stages of its season or has yet to premiere.
- Officially Renewed: An official renewal has been issued by the network.
- Renewal a Sure Thing: An official renewal has not yet been issued, but is merely a formality.
- Renewal a Safe Bet: An official renewal has not yet been issued, but ratings are strong enough to warrant a renewal.
- Renewal Looking Likely: While a renewal could go either way, the odds are tilted slightly in the series’ favor.
- Renewal a 50/50 Chance: A renewal could go either way (think of these as the proverbial bubble series).
- Renewal Looking Unlikely: While a renewal could go either way, the odds are tilted slightly against the series’ favor.
- Unofficially Canceled: An official cancellation has not been issued, but there are no plans for move forward with additional seasons.
- Officially Canceled: An official cancellation has been issued by the network.
This is only for the freshman shows on primetime networks. All networks and all shows are in alphabetical order.