Last year, The Traitors debuted on Peacock, and everyone was HOOKED. The competition series features reality stars and famous faces attempting to win a cash prize. The game of deceit has returned for a second season, and we break down everything that happened in the first three episodes, including who was eliminated.
The Traitors sees twenty-one contestants arriving at a castle hoping to win the $250,000 prize. The players are called "Faithful," but hidden amongst them are some "Traitors." The Faithful contestants must vote off all of the Traitors, and they share the cash prize. However, if the Traitors make it to the end, they will win the money.
Through three episodes, I really like this cast because it's an equal balance of drama and fun. I will say one of the people who got kicked off (see below) makes the show seem a little less fun because of the spark he brings to any show he is on. Otherwise, everything that made season 1 fun is back in season 2 with a couple of new twists and turns.
Who are the Traitors?
Cummings makes the contestants put on their blindfolds and says you will be a traitor if he taps you on the shoulder. Dan Gheesling (Big Brother) and Phaedra Parks (Married to Medicine) were the two people who got the tap on the shoulder.
Alan announces that they aren't done yet, as the people picked as the traitors will get to pick one more person to add to their team. Later that night, Dan and Phaedra worked together picking Parvati Shallow (Survivor) as the third traitor.
How much did they add to the pot?
Throughout the show, they will have to compete in games to add money to the overall pot. However, Host Alan Cummings announced a little twist to the games where they place Shields in the competitions allowing members to veer from the game and grab those which protect them from being safe.
- Episode 1: In a puzzle competition in the water, the team worked together to add $30,000 dollars to the pot.
- Episode 2: In a scarecrow competition, the team were able to add $16,000 dollars.
- Episode 3: In the grave digging for gold competition, the team were able to add $19,500 dollars.
In the first three episodes, the cast were able to come together and add $65,000 to the pot.
Who was eliminated from The Traitors?
On the show, you can be eliminated in two different ways. First, you can be "Murdered" by the traitors, leading to you being kicked off the show. The other is when the entire cast votes on who they THINK is the traitor, and the person with the most votes is also kicked off the show. Through three episodes, we had three people eliminated from the show.
- Episode 2 elimination: Johnny Bananas was the first person "murdered" by Dan and Phaedra. The cast voted who they thought was the traitor leading to a majority of the votes landing on Peppermint. While she was eliminated, she did reveal she wasn't one of the traitors.
- Episode 3 elimination: Marcus Jordan was the second person claimed by The Traitors. The cast voted on who they thought was the traitor, leading to a majority of the votes landing on Maksim Chmerkovskiy, grabbing the most votes. After being eliminated, he revealed that he wasn't one of the traitors either.
Overall, the first three episodes were strong, eliminating not one but two "faithful" and not even coming close to figuring out who the traitors are, causing friction that will only ramp up over the rest of the season. They sniffed a little with one of the traitors but failed to get rid of Dan.
The Traitors first three episodes are available on Peacock.