15. Runaway Bride
Original Release Date July 30, 1999
Box Office Earnings: $35,055,556 (USA opening weekend), $152, 257, 509 (USA gross)
Critical Acclaim: The movie received 6 award wins and 9 nominations.
About the Role: Maggie Carpenter is known as the “runaway bride,” after already leaving three potential husbands at the altar. Of course, there is more to the story than meets the eye. It takes journalist Ike, who is trying to restore his reputation after printing incorrect facts about Maggie, to point out her reasons for leaving men at the altar.
More from Movies
- The story of a French emperor: Here’s where Napoleon will stream after theaters
- The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes honors its origins and far surpasses them
- Thanksgiving movie death toll: Why [SPOILER] is still alive
- No, Thanksgiving is not streaming yet (But here’s where it’ll land)
- Trolls Band Together soundtrack guide: Which songs play in the movie?
Simply the Best:
This is more than a story of a woman who likes to break men’s hearts.
brings Julia Roberts and Richard Gere back together after their success in
, showing just why they work together so well. We see more than just the reports Ike’s tabloid paper reports and more of the heart and soul of a character.
It’s a movie all about rediscovery. Sure, there are many out there, but this is an important one for all those who change their opinions and ways to suit others. More than rediscovery, it’s a movie about discovery, as Maggie realizes who she really is and what she really likes—and just why she keeps leaving people at the altar.