Sebastian Stan is the Romanian heartthrob we all know and love as Bucky Barnes in the MCU, but he’s been in some other great films too!
Sebastian Stan first graced our screens with early films like Tony n’ Tina’s Wedding, Red Doors, and The Architect. On television, he guest-starred in an episode of Law & Order and eventually leaped into the scene on the popular CW series Gossip Girl as Carter Baizen, which jumpstarted his career.
From there, he went on to land his most significant role to date, Bucky Barnes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. What initially began as a one-movie role transformed into multiple films across the franchise and an incredibly passionate fanbase.
More from Movies
- The story of a French emperor: Here’s where Napoleon will stream after theaters
- The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes honors its origins and far surpasses them
- Thanksgiving movie death toll: Why [SPOILER] is still alive
- No, Thanksgiving is not streaming yet (But here’s where it’ll land)
- Trolls Band Together soundtrack guide: Which songs play in the movie?
His role in Marvel has helped secure his roles in other huge films like the Academy Award-nominated I, Tonya and Destroyer. Films he starred in alongside other megawatt stars like Margot Robbie and Nicole Kidman.
Stan’s celebrity is clearly on the up-and-up. He’s come a long way from his roles on Once Upon a Time and Political Animals (though we loved him on those too).
Despite working hard in the Marvel universe, Sebastian has multiple film projects in the works like The Last Full Measure, Monday, The Devil All the Time, 355, and Endings, Beginnings. Plus, he’ll return as Bucky Barnes in the upcoming Disney+ series, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.
Let’s take a look at his ten best film roles to date (so far).