5. “The Frond Files” (Season 4)
Skipping ahead to season 4, this episode is a recent rewatch so there is no way I couldn’t include on the list. This episode is one of the few trilogy episodes in which there are three different stories told throughout the course of the episode. Somehow, Bob’s Burgers always manages to knock it out of the park when they do that so picking one for this list was a no-brainer.
More from FOX
- Only 3 of FOX’s live-action scripted shows are coming back in March 2024 the rest are being held for Fall 2024
- Is El Cantito from Kitchen Nightmares still open?
- Bob’s Burgers: The (Raccoon) King and I was a busy episode for all
- Bob’s Burgers skipping Thanksgiving this year: Here are 4 can’t-miss holiday episodes to rewatch
- Is Love Bites from Kitchen Nightmares still open?
“The Frond Files” is a series of 3 stories written by the Belcher kids for school with the prompt being “Why I Love Wagstaff.” Unlike the other student, their stories take a wild turn with each of the kids taking some creative license with their ideas. Each of them parodies a movie and somehow manages to make the guidance counselor Mr. Frond the villain in each of their stories.
This episode was a nice change-of-pace and a rare episode set at school that doesn’t directly feature the kids. Instead, it’s all about Bob and Linda reading their essays and finding out why they weren’t displayed. “The Frond Files” has a little bit of something for everyone so no matter which character is your favorite or what TV genres you like, there is bound to be a story that you’ll like.
Overall, “The Frond Files” is a very underrated episode and is a must-watch if you’re looking for something outside of the norm.