All eyes are on whether TV shows are going to be canceled or renewed. Here’s your 2019-2020 renewal scorecard for canceled TV shows and more.
All eyes are currently on whether our favorite shows will be canceled or renewed. Do we know the fate of the likes of NCIS, Chicago Fire, and even comedies like Single Parents and Bless This Mess? It’s time to look at the 2019 to 2020 renewal scorecard to see all the renewed and canceled TV shows so far.
This scorecard will offer a look at the chances of shows being canceled or renewed. Those with already determined fates will have those marked. As renewals and cancellations come in, we’ll keep this updated so it becomes the one place to check for all your favorite TV shows.
There are some shows that we don’t yet know the fate of at all. These shows won’t be decided on until the new year, and in some cases, we’ll be waiting until May 2020. With that in mind, we need to make guesses based on ratings, the critical success of shows, and placement in the list of network shows.
Like last year, we’ll help determine whether there’s a chance a show will be renewed or canceled. We’ll use the following:
- Too Soon to Tell: A series is either in the early stages of its season or has yet to premiere.
- Officially Renewed: An official renewal has been issued by the network.
- Renewal a Sure Thing: An official renewal has not yet been issued, but is merely a formality.
- Renewal a Safe Bet: An official renewal has not yet been issued, but ratings are strong enough to warrant a renewal.
- Renewal Looking Likely: While a renewal could go either way, the odds are tilted slightly in the series’ favor.
- Renewal a 50/50 Chance: A renewal could go either way (think of these as the proverbial bubble series).
- Renewal Looking Unlikely: While a renewal could go either way, the odds are tilted slightly against the series’ favor.
- Unofficially Canceled: An official cancellation has not been issued, but there are no plans for move forward with additional seasons.
- Officially Canceled: An official cancellation has been issued by the network.
This list of renewed and canceled TV shows is only for the primetime networks. We’ll bring scorecards for the cable networks, as well as an in-depth look at the freshman shows. To avoid favoritism, the slides are in alphabetical order. All shows in each slide are also in alphabetical order.