The Princess Switch
If The Parent Trap and The Prince and the Pauper had a Christmas baby, the result would be The Princess Switch.
More from Netflix
- Bridgerton season 3: All the details to know about Penelope and Colin’s love story
- It’s a slow week on Netflix with only three new releases (Nov. 20)
- Exploding Kittens: From card game to Netflix animated series starring Tom Ellis
- The Crown and more Netflix shows and movies to stream this week (November 13)
- Escaping Twin Flames and more harrowing love-centered documentaries to watch on Netflix
What’s it about: Vanessa Hudgens stars as Stacy DeNovo, a Chicago baker who owns a pastry shop with her best friend, Kevin (Nick Sagar). Stacy recently broke up with her previous boyfriend so she’s not exactly in the Christmas spirit. Kevin enters the shop into a baking competition and their entry is accepted to compete in the Kingdom of Belgravia.
While preparing for the competition in Belgravia, Stacy runs into Lady Margaret Delacourt (Hudgens in a dual role), Duchess of Montenaro, and fiancée of Crown Prince Edward of Belgravia. The two are mesmerized by their similar, almost identical looks. Lady Margaret wants to get out of the spotlight while Stacy is looking to get over Paul. The two decide to switch places for two days. Although Stacy argues against, she eventually agrees to do it when Lady Margaret agrees to sponsor Olivia as a student in Belgravia’s acclaimed summer ballet program
Why you should stream The Princess Switch: Hudgens is charming, charismatic, and entertaining while playing both Stacy and Lady Magaret. Plus, Belgravia will get you into the Christmas spirit thanks to its snow-covered town and holiday set pieces.